Sunday, December 06, 2009

An introduction

This is the first blog entry in well over a year. I could go on and on about the factors that led to the long period of inactivity; instead, I am going to introduce myself and suggest the direction I expect this blog to take if I ever make future posts. Healthcare, its implementation and regulation, are of interest to me as a medical student, and I am certain some of my thoughts on the topic will show up here. It will surprise me if that becomes the main focus given my hobby of just about anything automotive. The industry’s concerns and business situations, the products they produce, and the impact on people create a wealth of material on which to comment. College sports specifically basketball and football are another pastime that keep me going. None of any of this would matter if not for my amazing wife and great family, so thanks to them for tolerating the passions that have a way of occupying quite a lot of time in addition to the dedication and commitment medical school requires.

As for the reasons I have chosen the online name of azulejost, it all goes back to high school Spanish class. Spanish quickly became an interest from my first semester of exposure thanks, in part, to an excellent teacher. He began calling me Azulejos, Spanish for tiles, as a variation on Tyler. Sometime later, I needed an online username and azulejos was taken. With all of the t’s in my name, adding a t to the end seemed the best choice, and as a bonus created an ending -jost that reminded me of the strong German racing heritage of Joest. A unique word that I could link to Spanish, German cars and racing, and most importantly my actual name seemed to make azulejost a perfect choice. So there is the explanation, surprisingly enough the azul- was not chosen, consciously at least, in any way as a link to my favorite color of blue. That just makes it all the more appropriate.

The story behind Clutch Opinion is much shorter. Manual transmissions have always been my preferred gear selectors for any vehicle. A three pedal layout can add enjoyment to just about any vehicle—endless stop and go traffic being the exception proving my rule. From fast cars to slow trucks and anything in between, getting smooth transitions from crankshaft to the wheels can turn a boring drive into a personal challenge for the driver. You know why opinion is in the title; I will seek to provide factual information along with my own commentary. So there you have it—now to see what follows.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home